What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is a specific strategy that involves using all types of digital channels for brand promotion. These include radio, TV, the Internet and so on. Compared to online marketing, digital marketing delivers information to an audience located in an offline environment (programs on smartphones, outdoor advertising screens, SMS).
Digital marketing provides such opportunities:
The use of a considerable number of different technologies;
- Comprehensive brand promotion, covering not only online, but also offline consumers;
- Establishing uninterrupted, high-quality communication between advertisers and buyers; the ability to perform many tasks;
- The optimal combination of technology and human resources, the observance of the optimal balance, taking into account the characteristics of the goods sold and the requests of the target audience gives them the ability to evaluate and analyze the promotion results allows you to change the properties of the product as per the market inquiries quickly.
Digital marketing is successfully used in online training, online stores, real estate agencies, and advertising the brand of serious companies. Digital technology is a crucial success factor in any area of business. During the advertising campaign, the main thing is to understand consumers' desires, plans, and requests.
Analysis of user behaviour and their data (date of birth, location, etc.) allow you to create a plan that will help a potential client quickly achieve the goal. There must be a definite agreement between the company's commercial objectives and customer requests. Digital Internet marketing, as a whole, is part of everyday life. After all, we all use different entertainment digital channels and Internet applications.
Online marketing involves not only the study of the target audience, but what channels are digital?
The first is the Internet and all devices that provide access to it (phones, tablets, laptops, etc.).
Other channels include:
- Local networks - These are online networks of enterprises or districts of the city through which users can play, communicate and exchange necessary information. At this point, local networks are connected to the Internet;
- Digital television - It has practically supplanted the analog one and is becoming integrated with online applications every day. Now everyone can quickly get through the social networks or get the latest news through the TV;
- Mobile devices - In the past information about any products or services were previously delivered via SMS messages, today you can install branded applications or WOW calls to your phone;
- Tablets - By installing special programs, the user can watch movies, play games, use social networks, and more. Some people cannot imagine life without these gadgets so that they can consume information around the clock;
- Interactive screens - These are post-terminals installed in shops, cafes, on the street. It is an alternative replacement for traditional outdoor advertising. This type of media allows you to work very closely with customers;
- Digital gadgets - These are devices that collect information and then transfer them to other media. These include fitness bracelets, smartwatches and more.
Comprehensive marketing involves using channels that allow you to analyze marketing companies and understand what works and what doesn't. In this case, you need to know your customers well; then you will understand where and when they are ready to get the most out of the information message. Understanding potential customer behaviour increases the likelihood of increased conversion.
Basic Principles of Digital Marketing.
Interactive marketing differs from traditional marketing to forecast and calculate revenues, measure results, and identify all the errors made. Using one or two technologies will not be sufficient for success. In this case, you will need to create pilot projects that need to be monitored and monitor how the methods used work.
Comprehensive internet marketing is based on the following principles:
The skilful combination of human resources with modern technology. These two components must be correctly combined;
Promotion and Internet marketing involves combining a considerable number of different ways of promotion (Web, social and so on);
Integration with sales, customer service;
The use of customer data that users themselves provide in the public domain;
Uninterrupted communication with consumers. The key to success is applied in the course of the advertising campaign technology. Market trends are changing very quickly, so you need to meet the present. Otherwise, you can become irrelevant by promoting products without corresponding demand.
During the development of any strategy, you need to understand how new technologies will be introduced, and what methods you need to pay attention to on time. Digital marketing is based on mobile and social areas, as well as websites. They allow you to find and attract users. Each company must have a website that creates an information base that will enable experts to analyze the audience and its preferences.
It should be attractive, useful and relevant to modern marketing trends. It is better if there are calls for specific actions on the web portals (a proposal to fill out a form, specify an email address, etc.).
Interactive marketing allows you to find customers in areas where minimal hopes are placed.
This is possible only with competent campaigning and the use of the necessary technologies. Digital marketing will allow you to convey product information to the maximum number of consumers in a short period. A significant advantage is the possibility of two-way communication with consumers.
The social component and its importance
The best tool for communication with the target audience is social networks. These include media platforms for conversation, collaboration, and community building. They provide the ability to communicate with users and build a reputation regularly. An essential part of the social component is content. Press releases, blog posts, and case studies are often used for promotion. To communicate with customers, the company must choose a specific manner of communication.
To understand what should be the so-called voice of the company, you need to decide on these points:
- Type of target audience;
- Readability of content;
- The frequency of calls to the user;
- Types of channels used;
- All these nuances are essential.
After all, potential customers appreciate those organizations that assist in finding the right information or offering a quality product. Against this background, the company has the opportunity to sell their goods inconspicuously.
If you decide to use digital marketing to promote your business online, the digital agency ADS group will help you realize your plans.
Types of digital marketing
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): These are strategies used to achieve organic search engine rankings (Google, BING, etc.). In this case, you will be concerned about the excellent structure of your pages/posts that can be easily found, with the volume of pages/posts of your site/blog, as well as partnerships for getting links to your site (this increases its relevance)
2. Outbound marketing: In this type of digital marketing, you will work with the purchase of paid advertising. This type of strategy complements SEO because it gives short-term results! The best-known services using this type of model are Google Adwords on Facebook Ads. In both cases, you pay per click that you get; this is called PPC.
3. Email: Another very famous term in the digital marketing world is email sending. This strategy remains one of the most used and with the most significant result. Email marketing campaigns mean getting the email addresses of customers and potential customers to send out regular information about your business. Usually, this strategy is very much related to content marketing.
4. Content Marketing (Inbound): Content marketing is fully tied to SEO strategies and, in most cases, also to E-mail Marketing. Using content marketing strategies means that you create messages, videos, e-books, etc., to help your customers with problems related to your product/service, and in the process seek to bring them to your site. Usually, it is very connected with the blog, as well as profiles on social networks!
5. Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate Digital Marketing Strategy - search for websites / influential people who speak with the same audience as your company and offer them a commission to advertise your products. This is quite common when you have e-commerce stores, and this is a strategy that helps with SEO because it generates links recommending your site!
6. Social marketing: Of all the marketing types on this list, this is probably the most recent. Social Media began to explode in recent years with the growth of Facebook and all other social networks. It is closely related to content marketing strategies and Facebook for marketing campaigns of efficiency. Essentially social media has allowed your content to be distributed organically on networks or sponsor them to increase your reach!
The benefits of digital marketing
- Ability to reach a wide enough audience through online and offline channels,
- Allows potential clients to be contacted directly,
- The ability to quickly convey information to the audience,
- Collecting analytics at each stage of the advertising campaign
- Targeting is available for advertising campaigns, which allow focusing specifically on the target audience,
- An advertising campaign is possible even with a small budget.
- Increase brand awareness and user loyalty to it.
If you have long wanted to integrate digital into your marketing and business, you need a strategy. I prepared small step-by-step instructions on what and how: Combine your business's goals and the goals of digital integration (that is, why start it all up?
Determine your target audience. The one for which you are embarking on integrating your business with digital.
- This will help you to determine the target audience ;
- Formulate your unique selling proposition UTP ;
- Channels and tools. Here it is essential to evaluate what you already have and use, and find those channels that are not involved;
- Think over content marketing. Not even that. A content marketing strategy, and how you will convey it to your target audience;
- Prioritize tasks. Here I think no need to explain. Arrange the tasks, performers, deadlines and, of course, -determine the advertising budgets for the launch of such a strategy;
- Think about how you will evaluate intermediate results (the very KPIs );
- It seems to be all. But no! This is where the most important and most terrible thing arises - analysis.
And as a consequence of it, the adjustment. Yes, that's what the whole digital business is all about.
You need to continually analyze it, adjust, eliminate the problem, non-working places, and improve the strategy.
Did they snort again? Well, let's write on a particular company that we will come up with right now. So to say, we will create an ideal company in the world, which you, dear colleague, will manage in these happy moments.
Let's imagine that you are a building materials store owner. Now let's write everything in detail:
Goals you need to increase sales of building materials with the help of a new mobile learning application.
The target audience - People who make repairs for the first time in their new apartment (from scratch).
Unique selling propositions - Alas, in 5 minutes, you will not think up.
Channels. People coming to the site or the store receive promotional materials from installing the application using a particular promotional code.
Content Mobile application - with ready-made construction stages, tasks and descriptions, which the customer must take into account when building a dream apartment.
Tasks - Create promotional materials with the call, create the main stages of construction, write educational articles (make a video), develop a mobile application.
Intermediate results - (assessment of deadlines, volumes and other KPIs set)
Analyst - Number of downloads of the application and number of uses of the application
What are the trends in digital marketing?
Along with the classical schemes of promotion and standard advertising channels, specialists use new technologies of interaction with consumers. Several such technologies appear each year, so it's essential to track changes in digital marketing.
The Internet provides excellent opportunities for small and large companies. A multimillion audience can see even an unknown business. Through digital marketing, you bring your message to a vast number of consumers. No other promotion tool is capable of producing a similar effect.